Vaastu Shastra evolved during the Vedic period in India. It is a part of the Atharva Veda. Vaastu Shastra is a science as well as an art. It endeavors to harness the energies of the Panch Tatwas viz the five essential elements of nature which play a vital role in architecture and home designing. The basic purpose and principle of Vaastu Shastra is to help human beings live a healthy, prosperous and balanced life.
VAASTU & ASTROLOGY:
Vaastu is one of the important limbs of Vedic Astrology. Just as Astrology considers nine planets; so also there are nine directions in Vaastu. Each planet rules a particular direction. If you visit a Hindu temple, you will notice that idols of the navagrahas ie. the 9 planets face the directions that they rule.
DIRECTIONS IN VAASTU:
The nine directions considered in Vaastu are East, West, North, South, North-East, North-West, South-East, South-West and the Central part also known as Brahma Sthala. Each direction has a specific significance. A specific deity rules every direction while a particular tatwa or element dominates it. It is only when the five elements are in perfect harmony that life moves in a balanced and harmonious manner.
HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT VAASTU TIPS RELATED TO THE BRAHMASTHALA – CENTRAL PORTION OF THE HOUSE:
BRAHMASTHALA is the central, holiest and powerful zone of the house. All directions meet at the center of the house and disperse positive energy in all directions. Brahma, the Creator of the Universe is the ruler of the Brahmashala.
- Brahma Sthala is the central part of the house. It can also be called the ‘Navel’ of the house. Just as the Navel is a concentrate point of all energies, so also the Brahmasthala is the focus of the residential energies.
- The Brahmasthala should always be kept very clear and free from all clutter or weight.
- Never construct or place water tanks, underground boring, pillars, stairs, heavy furniture, etc. in this area.
- Havana or Agni-yagya should never be conducted in the Brahma Sthala. Fire element in this area results in loss of wealth.
- Toilet build in this area gives rise to chronic or incurable diseases.
- An afflicted Brahmasthala may have the following consequences:
- You may experience mental stress.
- You may have to face hurdles and failures in your work.
- It also causes lung problems.
To read VAASTU TIPS for NORTH direction, click HERE.