HOW IS ASTROLOGY USEFUL IN DAILY LIFE?
Horoscope analysis and making predictions are just ONE of the many functionalities of Astrology. The ambit covered by Astrology is much more vast, deep and intricate. Astrology can be used in nearly every walk of life to take major decisions and make wise choices.
It gives you an insight into your deep, hidden inner self and distinct personality, the reasons why you behave or react in a particular manner, the purpose of your life, the means and timings when you would achieve success, etc., Astrology can actually be used to plan and strategize our day to day activities, to understand the underlying reasons of our stresses and conflicts and to resolve your problems and personal issues.
- Panchang and Muhurata – the important cornerstones of Astrology help you to decide the most appropriate and auspicious periods to time the important events in your life, be it starting a new venture, joining an educational institute, taking up a new job, engagement, marriage, etc.
- The moon phases and eclipses can help you in scheduling appointments for surgeries (which will increase the chances of success as well as reduce the loss of blood), exciting events such as dating, proposing to a loved one, planning a journey to mundane ones like haircuts, gardening, etc.
- Astrology makes you aware of your inborn talents and capabilities as well as your weaknesses and shortcomings. This helps in making accurate career choices and taking the right decisions at the right time.
- A detailed study of transit of planets will help you in understanding which facet of life is to be developed at a particular stage and time period and in what manner.
- Planetary positions, conjunctions and transits helps you to know your body constitution, the strong and weak elements in your body, the likely health issues you may have to face and thereby in taking the appropriate precautions and actions to avoid the problems or manage them in the best possible manner.
- An indept analysis of your horoscope makes its easy for you to understand your emotions, relationships and people better and accordingly effectively manage them. It helps in gauging the compatibility levels between partners, colleagues, etc.
- Astrology can guide students in making the right choice of subjects and professional courses based upon their latent talents and strong planets which can be analyzed from their birth charts.
- Your birth chart is a reflection of your past karmas; a deep analysis will help you to advance spiritually and philosophically too.
- In short, Astrology provides the reasons and logic behind major problems in life such as marital issues, sufferings through diseases, loss in business, unemployment issues, family disputes, monetary problems, etc. Astrology shows you the potential of success in your birth chart; thereafter you can make objective decisions using your own free will and intelligence. Thus Astrology acts as a guide, a compass to give you a direction in life.
- And above all, Vedic Astrology offers tools to smoothen things out and face adversities assertively such as penance (प्रायश्चित), fasting (उपवास), special spiritually-endowed reverberations of energy, the mantras (मंत्र), geometrical devices of energy, the yantras (यंत्र), the acts of worship and invocation of the Divine Power, the poojas (पूजा), charity (दान- परोपकार), use of gemstones, color therapy, etc.
Horoscope – Kundali
- Your nature, your strengths, your fears
- Your relations with others
- Your education and health
- Your profession, income & earnings
- Your married / family life ……… etc.
In other words, your Birth Horoscope is the MASTER PLAN OF YOUR MIND, BODY AND SOUL. It is true that Destiny is NOT everything. With our resilience and inner strength, we can surpass and change everything – including our destiny! Yet, Destiny helps us to chart the course of our lives better. Getting your Horoscope read will help you to plan and manage your life better. Planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing are the pillars of good management – which together lead to SUCCESS. Future is unknown. If you are aware of even just a small percentage of it, you can approach your future with greater preparedness and understanding.
Astrology is by and large understood as a predictive branch of knowledge; it is perceived as a means to know about the future. Normally people want to know about their career, married life, children, health and above all how and when shall they be able to gain success, riches and fame. Actually, the real purpose of astrology is above and beyond all this.
Our birth horoscope viz our kundli is actually a mirror of our past karmas. In Bhagvad Gita, Sri Krishna said: “No one can ever remain without performing action for even a moment; everyone is helplessly driven to action by nature” (Chapter 3, Shloka 5). Karma means a culmination of our actions; it includes our thoughts too.
Actions and thoughts are nothing but forms of energy. Thus two laws work here – one, energy is neither created nor destroyed; it only transforms from one form to another; and secondly, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So each and every thought and action of ours will DEFINITELY have a reaction – it cannot be dissolved; it has to be written off by a counter karma.
Good actions and thoughts create good karma while bad actions and thoughts create bad karma. Thus, according to the law of karma as promulgated by the Vedanta, one shall face the consequences of one’s actions, karma whether in this birth or the next or the one after that. This explains the happy and tragic incidents in our lives. Nothing happens by chance: all our relations, joy, sorrows, success, failures, etc. are the outcome of the permutations and combinations of our own karmas as well as karmas of others.
These permutations and combinations take shape in the form of signs and placements of planets in our birth horoscope. Accordingly, if a person is born in a poor family, it’s due to his past karma; if a person is not able to earn well in spite of putting in the best possible efforts; it’s due to his past karma. Many times we see people born with a silver spoon in their mouths; people who get and have every conceivable luxury even without having to work or ask for it – yes, again it is due to their past good karma.
So the next time you go to an astrologer, instead of asking him “When will I be happy?” ask him: ‘Why am I unhappy?’ in so-and-so area of my life. Know your past karma and you will know the reason of your failure or sorrow. Once you know the reason, the solution will become clear.
A person who was very rich industrialist, but was childless for years after marriage seeks advice of an astrologer. The astrologer reads from the horoscope that in one of his previous births, he was responsible for the deaths of many children. He was cursed by so many parents. Obviously, he had a cross to bear. He was advised to help orphanages, to finance the needs of poor children and above all, if possible, to adopt a child and bring him up lovingly thus atoning for his past karma, which he did. As a result, he is happier and content today – because he understood the core of his sorrow and knew that he had to set right the wrong done by him earlier.
In fact, every little detail, such as one’s nature, events in one’s life, and reasons for good or bad relationships – all can be traced to our past karmas as visible in a horoscope. You will understand why you are what you are. You will understand why you get angry/jealous/irritated and so on. Consequently, you will be able to know what remedies – in the form of counter karma – will help you overcome these traits.
Understanding what the horoscope wants to tell you will also help you know the real purpose of this birth. So many people spend their whole lives wondering what the real purpose of their existence is. Your horoscope tells you all – knowing your pending karmas will help you to work in the direction of clearing them. You can improve your relations, your way of working, your line of work, your thoughts and yes, your nature, actions and reactions. Only then can you live a fulfilling and content life.
Once you understand your past well, you will be able to create your own future by now deciding your karma! Ultimately, you will now become the creator of your own fate and master of your own destiny!