Sade Sati is one of the most feared phenomena in Astrology. As the name suggests, it means a period of Seven-and-a-Half years – synonymous with sufferings, losses, separations and miseries. But very few people really understand what it exactly means and even fewer know that it may not always be so dreadful after all!
What exactly is Sade Sati?
In the Vedic system of Astrology, the Moon sign (Chandra Rashi) holds a very important place in making predictions, specially the Gochara (Transit) predictions. The planets keep changing position w.r.t. the Earth. This change in position is termed as Gochara Positions. Saturn transits each house for around 2.5 years. Now, when Saturn transits the 12th, 1st and 2nd house of your Moon Rashi, the total period of 7.5 years is called SADE SATI.
To understand this, you need to know your Moon rashi i.e. the sign in which your Moon is placed in your Birth Horoscope. Suppose your Moon is placed in Sagittarius/Number 9 in your Birth horoscope, then you are born in Dhanu Rashi. So, when Saturn transits Vrishchik (Scorpio), Dhanu (Sagittarius) and Makar (Capricorn) Rashis or Numbers 8, 9 and 10 in your horoscope, then you are said to be under the influence of Sade Sati.
Why is Sade Sati so dreaded?
For this, you need to understand the relationship between Moon and Saturn. Moon is the quickest moving planet (in astrology, Moon is taken as a planet ‘Graha); while Saturn is the slowest moving planet. Moon is a natural benefic while Saturn is a natural malefic. Moon represents the emotional side while Saturn represents the practical and rational side. Moon is moist, fluid and constantly moving energy; while Saturn is cold, dry and very slow moving energy. So whenever Moon and Saturn form any relation, it is one of conflict and disturbance. One often becomes very moody, melancholic, emotional and even depressed in this period. One feels lonely, unsupported and left alone.
Of course, the period of Sade Sati is not smooth sailing as can be seen from the above explanation. But at the same time, it must be mentioned that a lot of fear and panic is blown out of proportion by people either due to their own ignorance or vested interests. How the Sade Sati will affect you depends upon many factors such as positions, strengths, degrees and conjunctions/aspects of Moon and Saturn. Also remember, truth is relative here – it varies by your perception too. I have come across people who dreaded the Sade Sati to such an extent that even routine problems were seen as dreadful by them just for the reason that they were undergoing the period of Sade Sati! In general, Sade Sati affects Makar & Kumbh Rashis the least and Simha Rashi the most – but again many other factors will have to be considered.
Remember that SATURN is a great TASK MASTER and a supreme JUDGE. You can consider your Sade Sati as the AUDIT PERIOD of your deeds (Karma). Saturn just gives you what you deserve and also makes you pay for your wrongs. Conversely, you shall be suitably rewarded too if you have a good karmic record. A person may pass through hell during Sade Sati, but always emerges a refined, wiser and enlightened soul having gone through the testing fires. It teaches us that nothing is permanent in this world.
- MOST IMPORTANT REMEDY:: Don’t be angry / abusive / vindictive / revengeful / grumbling. (Yes, there are people who complain and announce to all who can hear that they are passing through the period of Sade Sati).
- Don’t take any decision in haste or alone. It’s better to seek some expert advice of impartial persons in matters of importance.
- Donation – Donate old clothes, food, useful iron articles, your used footwear to needy people, laborers, sweepers, etc. Donate warm blankets to old/homeless/handicapped people.
- Keep away from alcoholic drinks. (You need to be in your senses to face this period of trial)
- Very effective Remedy – Recite Hanuman Chalisa daily. People reciting 100 times a day have experienced miraculous results. Reciting Maha Mrutunjaya mantra is also very effective.
- Meditation is another very strong remedy during Sade Sati. Retrospection and repentance along with prayers go a long way in mitigating the harsh effects. You really need to have LOTS & LOTS OF PATIENCE.
- Seven faced Rudraksha is very effective remedy during Sade Sati.
- Shani Beeja Mantra: ‘Om Sham Shaneeshcharaaya Namaha’.
Warning: Avoid wearing rings of any gems or metal without first consulting a knowledgeable astrologer.
To know more about Sade Sati, its effects on you as per your kundli (birth horoscope) and the individual remedies, you may contact here.