This is the second blog in the series of Vaastu Tips.
Vaastu Shastra evolved during the Vedic period in India. It is a part of the Atharva Veda. Vaastu Shastra is a science as well as an art. It endeavours to harness the energies of the Panch Tatwas viz the five essential elements of nature which are applied in architecture and home designing. The basic purpose and principle of Vaastu Shastra are to help human beings live healthy, prosperous and balanced life.
VAASTU & ASTROLOGY:
Vaastu is one of the important limbs of Vedic Astrology. Just as Astrology considers nine planets; so also there are nine directions in Vaastu. Each planet is assigned a particular direction. If you visit a Hindu temple, you will notice that idols of the navagrahas ie. the 9 planets are placed facing the directions that they rule.
DIRECTIONS IN VAASTU:
The nine directions considered in Vaastu are East, West, North, South, North-East, North-West, South-East, South-West and the Central part also known as Brahma Sthala. Each direction has a specific significance. A specific deity rules each direction; while a particular tatwa or element dominates it. It is only when the five elements are in perfect harmony that life moves in a balanced and harmonious manner.
HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT VAASTU TIPS FOR THE WEST CORNER OF THE HOUSE:
LORD VARUNA RULES THE WEST (पश्चिम ) DIRECTION. Lord Varuna is the deity associated with rains, water/oceans, truth and justice.
- The West corner of the house should not be lower than the East corner. If it is so, it can create hurdles in gaining of employment.
- Any fault or defect on the Western side of the house gives rise to mental tensions and stress. One is not able to get full returns of one’s labor and efforts.
- One should avoid having the main entrance of the house in the Western direction. It spoils the prospects of good income.
- It is advisable to avoid kitchen in the West corner. This will result in increase in wasteful expenditures. However, West is a good direction to store food grains.
- Bedrooms should not have big windows in the Western corner; it may cause health issues. If you do have windows there, keep them closed or covered with curtains.
- One can build an overhead tank and staircase in this corner.
- You can have a dining hall in the West corner of the house. West direction is also suitable for having Guest rooms, study rooms, bathrooms, etc..
- Do not have prayer or meditation room in the Western corner of the house.
- Married couples having bedrooms in the West corner of the house are not able to live together for long. There could be any reasons for the separation such as constant job transfers, odd working times of the husband and wife, etc.
- Placing a chess board in the West directions helps awakening your latent skills and talents.
To read tips for VAASTU TIPS for SOUTH direction, click HERE.