Many a time, despite being a wonderful and successful person, one may experience a delay in married. You may be getting many proposals, but something happens at the last minute – and it’s the end of the road!
Delays in marriage can be very frustrating to both the boy/girl and their respective families. Hence, we discuss below the remedies for those people who are facing an inordinate delay in getting the right partner or in getting married.
Why is the Marriage getting Delayed?
Before going to the remedies, it is always important to analyse your horoscope.
- First, find out whether the horoscope favours marriage or not. For example, check for the presence of Sanyasa Yoga.
- The next step is to find out the reasons for the delay in marriage.
- Check for the presence of Manglik Dosha, Kaal Sarpa Dosha, Paap Kartari yoga, Pitru Dosha, etc.
- See whether there are afflictions to planets like Mars, Venus, and Jupiter and to the seventh house.
- Examine the role of Rahu/North Node and Ketu/South Node in the delay of marriage.
- Also check whether the Dasha period is favouring or delaying the marriage, etc.
Remedies for Delay in Marriage:
The following are the practical yet effective remedies for those facing a delay in their marriage:
- Those desirous of getting married should wear Gauri Shanker Rudraksha in a red-coloured thread on a Monday.
- The ill effects of Manglik Dosha can be nullified by donating blood on a Tuesday every three months. Do this only if your health permits.
- Every Friday, do jal abhishek of Lord Shiva (pouring of water on Shivling) and chant the mantra ‘OM NAMAH SHIVAY’ 108 times.
- This remedy is for females who are facing a delay in their marriage. Tie a piece of banana root in a yellow thread at an auspicious muhurta (auspicious time) and tie to your arm or wear it around your neck.
- If there is any clutter under your bed, clear it immediately. Also, keep the South West corner of the house litter-free and clean.
- A girl desirous of getting married should sleep in the West or the South-West zone of the house.
- A boy desirous of getting married should sleep in the North zone of the house.
- Avoid a water tank in the South-West direction of the house.
- Every Thursday, while bathing, add a pinch of turmeric (Haldi) to your bathing water.
- Schedule the talks of marriage on a Thursday or a Friday. Wear new yellow-coloured clothes on Thursday or white-coloured clothes on Friday.
- Contribute or help – monetarily or otherwise – in the marriage of a daughter of a poor family. Kanyadaan is the best daan and contributing to kanyadaan has the power to remove obstacles in your own wedding.
- Avoid using or wearing black-colored articles or clothes at least till you marry.
- If the marriage alliance keeps repeatedly breaking down at the last moment, then do the following remedy. The next time you go for the marriage talk, take care to remove your footwear before you enter the room for discussion. Also while entering the room, the prospective bride or groom should put that foot forward first which corresponds to the nostril from which he/she is breathing at that moment. It could be right or left.
- This mantra is for females. Recite 5 rosaries of this mantra for 21 days.
॥ Hey Gauri Shankaraardhagi Yatha Twam Shankarpriya Tatha man Kuru Kalyani Kaant Kaantan Sudurlabhyam॥
॥ हे गौरी शंकरार्धागि । यथा त्वं शंकरप्रिया । तथा मन कुरु कल्याणी । कान्तकान्तां सुदुर्लभ्याम ॥
The above mantra also brings success in love marriages.
- Shiv-Parvati Shabar Mantra: Choose the first Thursday of the Shukla Paksha (Bright Fortnight). You will have to chant 5 rosaries of this mantra wearing clean yellow clothes for 21 days. After the recitation of the mantra, offer some food items like banana, besan laddoo (gram flour sweet) to little girls or brahmans.
॥ Om Gauri Aave Shivji Vjahve, Amuk (boy/girl’s name) Kaa Vivaah Turant Siddha Kare
Der Na Kare. Der Hoya to Shiv Ka Trishool Pare- Guru Gorakhnath ki Duhaayee ॥
॥ ॐ गौरी आवे शिवजी व्याहवे । अमुक (विवाह इच्छुक लड़के/लड़की का नाम) का विवाह तुरंत सिद्ध करे। देर न करें ।
देर होये तो शिव का त्रिशूल पड़े । गुरु गोरखनाथ की दुहाई ॥
Be patient and be positive. The remedies should be done for at least 43 days unless otherwise instructed.