Various combinations of planets lead to the formation of Pitra Dosha in a Horoscope. A person afflicted by Pitra Dosha often has to face depression and difficulties on many fronts.
Hence, here we present some simple remedies to help you mitigate the malefic effects of Pitra Dosha:
- Avoid anger and egoistic behaviour at all costs. Be grateful and humble. In fact, this in itself is the best remedy to minimize the ill effects of Pitru Dosha.
- Offer unconditional and unannounced services to parents, elderly needy persons, menial workers, poor people and animals.
- Contribute to the expenses of getting a poor girl married. You can also contribute to the treatment of poor patients.
- Collect an equal amount of money from all your relatives in your family and donate that money to a holy place such as a temple on Amavasya. You can also donate white-coloured clothes, curds, radish and money on Amavasya.
- Make balls of cooked rice and ghee and feed these balls to crows and fish every Saturday.
- Offer water (if possible, Gangajal), janeu thread and black sesame seeds to the roots of the Peepal trees every Saturday. Perform circumambulation (परिक्रमा) of the tree 108 times reciting the mantra “Aum Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaaye” – “ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय”.
- For a simpler remedy, water the Peepal tree every morning and light a lamp with sesame oil near its roots every evening.
- Plant a Peepal plant on an Ekadashi and donate rice or products made of rice.
- You should recite the Gayatri Mantra daily.
- Hang/place the pictures of your late relatives/ancestors on the southern wall of the house. Seek their blessings every day.
- Whenever you visit any religious place, offer 3 palm-full of water to your ancestors (Pitrus) while bathing in the holy pond/river.
SOME OTHER REMEDIES:
- Light a lamp in the evening. Recite Nag Stotra, Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra or Rudra Sukta or Navagraha Stotra. This will pacify the souls of the departed.
- Narayan Nagbali Pooja is a special ritual for Pitra Dosha. This pooja becomes important when any ancestor has died an abnormal, unnatural or untimely death. One can do this pooja at Trimbakeshwar at Nashik, Chandod in Gujarat, Kalahasti in Andhra Pradesh or at Haridwar in Uttarakhand.
- It is a well known belief that when one recites the 11th chapter of Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta, the ancestors appear in one’s dreams. Presently, they let the person know whether they are satisfied or not. Furthermore, they also give indications as to what they need for their salvation.