Vaastu Tips for South-East Direction
Vaastu Shastra evolved during the Vedic period in India. It is a part of the Atharva Veda. Vaastu Shastra is a science as well as an art. It endeavours to harness the energies of the Panch Tatwas viz the five essential elements of nature which play a vital role in architecture and home designing. The basic purpose and principle of Vaastu Shastra are to help human beings live healthy, prosperous and balanced life.
VAASTU & ASTROLOGY:
Vaastu is one of the important limbs of Vedic Astrology. Just as Astrology considers nine planets; so also there are nine directions in Vaastu. Each planet rules a particular direction. If you visit a Hindu temple, you will notice that idols of the navagrahas ie. the 9 planets are placed facing the directions that they rule.
DIRECTIONS IN VAASTU:
HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT VAASTU TIPS RELATED TO THE SOUTH-EAST CORNER OF THE HOUSE:
AGNI – THE LORD OF FIRE RULES THE SOUTH-EAST CORNER (आग्नेय कोण). Hence fire and heat energies are prominent in this area. This direction is important for providing energy to the whole household.
- The South East corner should be lower than the South West corner.
- It is auspicious to make the dressing room and cosmetics room in this direction.
- Southeast is the ideal direction to construct kitchens and cooking areas. The kitchen located here improves the financial condition of the person and is also helpful in getting the stagnant money. However one should not have a dining area in this corner.
- According to Vastu Shastra, this direction is best for works related to fire. In this direction, it is best to have the gas, cooking range, electrical equipment, inverter, hot water furnace and boiler or equipment, related to fire.
- It is ideal to place ovens, mixer grinders, and other such electric and heat-generating equipment in this corner.
- Fire and water should not be placed close to each other in the South East corner. Otherwise, there shall be frequent incidents of fire or short-circuit accidents. Do not have boring, tap, handpump and water tank in this direction. An underground water tank located in the southeast direction prevents the positive flow of money and also adversely affects women’s health.
- There should be no water source or storage or overhead tanks in the South East corner of the house. This may create problems with the tenants.
- If the South East corner is adversely affected, it may result in skirmishes in domestic life. Do not have bedrooms in this direction.
- Never put a mirror in the South-East direction.
- Use a Red bulb in the South-East room if you are using it as a Bedroom.